• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening certain PDF file using Adobe Acrobat show weird characters and symbols

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through many of the responses to similar posts and none of the corrective actions seem to work or stay working.  We have one customer that sends PDF files that open correctly on Adobe Reader, but show odd and weird symbols on all Adobe Acrobat computers.  I know that there is we can open those with Chrome or Edge to view them correctly, and I also read that you should not install Reader and Acrobat on the same machine, but what other options can Adobe offer.  Do I need to go back to the customer and tell them that they are generating their PDFs incorrectly?  Thoughts?  I would be happy to share the PDF file with Adobe if they are interested.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please not this is an Adobe forum but you are not dealing with Adobe Employees, most of the members here are just users of the products trying to help each other out.

That being said if you can share the document maybe we would be able to guide you as to why you are seeing the problem you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of File> Properties> Fonts

that might indicate a possible clue to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I get you correctly: on the same machine, Acrobat Reader and Acrobat are opening the file differently?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines