• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opens in Chrome, Error in Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. So I've got a bizarre issue driving me insane.

I have a PDF file that will open just fine in the Chrome browser. But when trying to open it in Acrobat, I get the "An error exists on this page. Blah blah blah" error.

What is it that Chrome might be ignoring that allows the file to open? Is there a setting I can change in Acrobat that will allow this file to open without issue?

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates of Acrobat installed.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

If a file is in error, some apps detect it and complain, some detect it and ignore it, and some just don't detect it. Ignoring error can be a very bad thing too (better to know if a picture or font is damaged before printing 10 million copies...) Generally there is no control over this, the solution is to get the file fixed, or the software that makes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a file is in error, some apps detect it and complain, some detect it and ignore it, and some just don't detect it. Ignoring error can be a very bad thing too (better to know if a picture or font is damaged before printing 10 million copies...) Generally there is no control over this, the solution is to get the file fixed, or the software that makes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most unfortunate. Alright. Thanks a bunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problematic file actually opens, even with a diagnostic message, you might try using the various checks in Acrobat Preflight to ascertain what problem(s) exist in the file.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh right, yeah, the file doesn't actually open in Acrobat. After the error, I just end up with a blank white page.

I'm having her request a new copy of the file. Hopefully that will resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdf file not opne in chrome browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pradeep260176014fyf_0-1662627814342.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines