• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize Scanned Document Wizard Forces "Add Document Description" popup.

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro version 2022.003.20310 I run the Optimize Scanned Document wizard.  Things didn't go as planned.

First, when Add Folder is selected, the "wizard" picks up all sorts of file types.  How can this be limited to PDF files only?

Second, I cannot stop Acrobat from popping up the Add Document Description popup.  

Here's what I want to do:

Scan every PDF file in the directory structure and optimize it and then save it back.  Or is that just stupid dangerous?  But regardless, there seems to be no way to do any of this in an automated way, because the Add Document Description keeps popping up.

How do I run this wizard such that I don't have to keep dismissing dialog popup windows?

TOPICS
How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

1) Not possible

2) Remove this step

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Not possible

2) Remove this step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the Document Description popup window whenever I try to batch convert to PDF/A. You say to remove this step. How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps does you use in the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STEP 6: BATCH SAVE AS PDF/A

• Under the Tools Menu in the header bar or the Tools+ icon at the bottom of the right menu bar, select Action Wizard.
  • Select Archive Documents from the menu pane on the right side of your screen.
  • Select Add Files, or use the dropdown menu to select Add Folder, to choose the split and renamed files.
  • Click Save As – Save to Local Folder. Select the folder you created earlier. Click Start.
  • A Description menu will appear to allow space for metadata. Metadata will be batch edited in Preservica for these digitized microfilm rolls. Click OK or press Enter.
  • Then the Preflight will begin. Although the Save menu does not say PDF/A in the dropdown file format list, as long as the Preflight process is complete the file will be saved correctly.
  • The description menu will appear for each file, click OK or press Enter each time. This can take a couple of hours to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a copy of the action "Archive Documents" and edit the copy. There you can delete the step "Add Document Description".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Bernd!

This is my first time using customizing an Action, and it mostly worked. I was able to copy the Archive Documents Action and delete the Description step. I also modified the default PDF/A profile from 1-b to 2-b in the Preflight Settings. Unfortunately, the conversion has not been sucessful so far. There is no blue banner and when I analyze it against the PDF profile, there are errors. I'm still working on understanding the prefilight settings and would be grateful for any tips you'd care to provide.

Best,

Katy Hogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines