Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Original Digital ID Signature Missing when returned from employees

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am having issues recently with Digital ID signatures on employee documents. The Executive Director signs contracts and sends them to me in HR with the signature visible. I then send them to the employee to sign and send back. When I get them back they are signed by the employee using the fill and sign and the Executive Director's Digital ID signature is missing. 

The first time this happened I sent it back to the ED to resign and then when I tried to print, only the employee's typed information (name and date) and the Digital ID printed but the employee's "signature" did not even though I could see it on the screeen. 

Today I sent it back to the ED and she said she can see her original signature on one but not the other however I can not see it on wither. She is on a Mac and I am using Windows. I have no idea what the employee used to sign. When she printed them, her signature did not print on all the documents but did on some. When she tried to resign the document that did not show her signature it would not let her and giving an error message that stated it was already signed even though the signature didn't show up. 

How do I get the Digital ID signature to stay after the employee has signed? Will having the employee create a Digital ID make any difference? Why is it showing up for the ED but not for me?

Thank you

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the original digital ID signature is missing when returned from employees.

As mentioned, the ED signs the document digitally and sends them to you and then you send them to the employees for signature.  Once the PDF is signed and the signature process is complete, the document gets locked and no more changes are allowed.

Please try to send the document for signature using fill and sign > request for signature tool powered by Adobe Sign to get the document signed by different users. To know how, please check the steps shared in the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html

Also when printing the document please select 'Document and Markups' under Comments and Forms in the print dialogue box and see if that works as shown in the screenshot below.

Capture.PNG

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines