• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overprint issue

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resolve an issue for white overprint, I have been supplied a PDF with over-print issue. It prints like it shows on the right. As I only have this a PDF I need to know to fix this in acrobat if anyone can help please?

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 11.19.02.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this is a problem of, specifically, white overprint? Why do you say so?

For example, it might be said that it is a problem with the image not printing.

Does the file show any spot colours? What do you see in output preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does have the green as a pantone colour, does this make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might make a difference.

What do you see in Output Preview in Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 14.00.50.pngScreenshot 2022-07-22 at 14.00.39.png pictures of it with overprint ticked and unticked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share this PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, I now know what's going on. (For what it's worth, this is not a "white overprint" issue. That's a nasty thing too, but the effect is that white things disappear, not that other things disappear).

This PDF has indeed been made in such a way that it is only correct if overprint is used (as on a printing press), or simulated. If you just want to print it yourself, you can just turn on Overprint Preview when you print from Acrobat Pro, using the Advanced settings in Acrobat's Print dialog. These screen shots are from Windows, because I have no printers in any of my Macs, but it hopefully will look the same.

TestScreenName_0-1658499359268.png

Now, if your problem is actually making the file so ANYONE can print it reliably in future, that's a whole different issue, but we can probably help with that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I need it to print properly as I am sending this to be printed professionally any help will be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, here are two choices:

1. Simply explain the problem in detail to the printing professional, with examples of what is bad and what is good; this makes them responsible for checking, and using the right options. May work if you have an established contract. Won't work with a cheap "on the web" printer.

2. Well, it's messy. I don't know if there is any method I'd recommend. Because the file is actually completely correct for professional printing, it just needs the right settings. In fact, are you having it printed in 5-colour? If so you will certainly need to negotiate, and they will certainly have to separate it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines