• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PAdES B-LTA Advanced Signature Properties dialog shows Timestamp Authority as Not Available

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the ever helpful Steven Madwin can assist.

I've developed the PAdES signature logic for our PDF manipulation library. When we create a signature conforming to B-LTA by adding an ETSI.RFC3161 DocTimeStamp we get a "Timestamp embedded in the document" panel displaying in the Advanced Signature Properties dialog in DC 2019 (see below).

We are wondering why it appears, when we have seen other B-LTA signatures that do not have this panel (see further below). Also why does the Timestamp Authority show as "Not available". The actual signature is at Rev. 1 with the DocTimeStamp is at Rev. 2. The DocTimeStamp's CMS contains the certificate. My hunch that this is an embryonic step towards fully displaying the conforming attributes of B-LTA in one properties window? In which case does the second panel relate to the DocTimeStamp in Rev. 2?

clipboard_image_0.png

For comparison here is a B-LTA signature from another file:

clipboard_image_1.png

I have painstakingly followed the PAdES specifications during development. Is there something more we need to add to populate this certificate field? Perhaps DSS entries for the document timestamp certificate? Incidently, this does not affect the validity of the signature as shown by Acrobat.

Many thanks 

Peter

P.S. This new Community forums design is a tad annoying. I used to be able to find things easily 😞

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timestamp certificates need to chain up to a trusted root, just as signing certificates do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does. Otherwise it wouldn't validate at all. My question is really what needs to be in the CMS/PKCS#7 for this box to get populated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone tracking this topic I have discovered that this behaviour only occurs when the signature has long-term validation information in a a VRI dictionary that has a timestamp (/TS) entry. Adobe are currently looking into it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines