• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page 2 doesn't print on back of page 1 when printing double sided pdf files with odd number of pages

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in response to an earlier question on the same subject (Dec 2019 title: Blank pages in the front when printing double-sided). Several others joined in with the same problem. Apparently an adobe emp (swapnilsrivastava) reported in Jan 2021 that the error could not be duplicated and asked for some additional information. It did not appear that the info was ever provided. I did send the requested info, including a sample document that showed the error, a week ago and haven't heard anything. Perhaps it is because the original post was almost 2 years ago. I just printed the document again, first on the Brother laser printer and it did print correctly (i.e., pg 1 front, pg 2 back, pg 3 front of second sheet of paper.). Success! To verify my problem was solved, I then printed the same document on my HP Officejet and got pg 1 front, blank back, pg 2 front of second sheet of paper, pg 3 back. So, problem only partially solved.

Here is the current info updated from my earlier post:

MacBook Pro 2020 (Apple M1 chip) running MacOS 11.4

Acrobat Reader DC version 2021.007.20099, apparently the standard release. Earlier reported as version ...20096.

Printer experiencing the issue: Inkjet HP OfficeJet Pro 9015

Printer that now apparently works properly: monochrome laser Brother HL-L2320D

Sample pdf file attached. 

Could not upload file. Error message "The file type (.pdf) is not supported." This is a major problem since pdf files are the problem. Word, Excel, Mail files print correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly, this just started happening when I print PDFs.  I have Adobe Pro and may a month fee for it - and now page 1 prints on a single page and the next peice of paper has pages 2 and 3. This doesn't look professional.  I can force the print - I can print 2 pages at a time, double sided - but that takes a very long time with muli-page documents.  

Any repair for this issue? It printed find 60 days ago - and now it doesn't.  I'm guessing it is a software update by eitiher Adobe, Mac or my Epson printer. I have confirmed they are all current as of today (20 June 2022). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried adding a blank page after page 3? (From the page thumbnail panel> Insert page> A blank page). Another option may be to reverse the print order.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/printing-a-3-page-pdf-on-duplex-page-2-is-blank/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines