Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page editable after saving it.

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I maybe missing something. I created an acrobat file with form fields. When I sent to it a friend to test it. He was able to edit the texts on the page. He opend up the file myself from another computer after emailing it to myself. Sure enough, he was right. When I move my over the text. I see thin blue lines around the text.

Am I saving my life wrong? File is password protect, but it is only good until the file is opened.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to create and save the PDF as password protected? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

Also, please share the PSF file in question so that we can check it at our end.

We are here for help, just need more info.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I am quite new to working with Acrobat. I maybe doing something wrong I am sure.

I have attaced a copy of the file as you requested. If you can point out if there is any error in my way of making this file That would be great.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the PDF form, would you mind sharing the steps/workflow you did to create this PDF form?

for more information about how to create the PDF form please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-form.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have you added the text as comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right Bernd. Thanks for point that out. That could be the reason. The page is editable even after encrypting the page and making unable to edit.

As I mentioned earlier. This is my first time using acrobat.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is not protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typical way of making a form is to design the fixed part of the form in whatever app suits you but NOT in Acrobat. Word, for example. Then it's used as the starting point for adding the form fields. These page contents are controlled by security, if any. But all the security is largely imaginary, many apps will just ignore it all. So don't use this to protect anything important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Starting to realize this. I am using Illustrator to work on fixed part of the form. Its making more sense making process much easier. Until recently I didnt know that I can do this.

Thank you and all the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines