Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page flickering on macOS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem since I upgraded my iMac OS to Monterey (12.2.1).

In my work I deal with building up the layout of books and send them to print, so I often use the "output preview" window, to verify that the PDF (exported from Indesign) has the right colors - for example, currently I have to verify that only black and a pantone color are present.

I have installed the latest version of Acrobat DC available on Creative Cloud, but since I updated my operating system the pages flicker every time I open "output preview".

They flicker quickly every time I switch from one page to the next or to the previous one (with "output preview" open, obviously), as if they were struggling to load.

This flashing is a problem because it annoys me a lot and makes it difficult for me to check before printing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue. Currently testing changing these settings:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1658250997155.png

• Change resolution to system from custom
  • Change Smooth Text to Monitor (not laptop)
  • Dont smooth images or use page cache (optional)
  • Turn off Use Overprint Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For us it's all PDFs after upgrading to the 2022 Acrobat release. Admin rights and root accounts do not resolve. We'll try resetting prefs (again) and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the replies. I partially solved the problem by chatting with Adobe support. They advised me to install an older version of Acrobat, and by installing version 2021.001.20155 there is no flicker. 

Later I noticed that, periodically, Acrobat is updated by itself, and I find myself the latest version again. So if I need to use "output preview", I uninstall the program and reinstall the old version.

Even for me it's for all PDFs and they are stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to check your Creative Cloud desktop app and make sure auto updating is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, thank you. I checked but automatic update is disabled. The other apps (like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) don't update themselves, but Acrobat does, I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now seen that in the Acrobat preferences, however, I had automatic updating active! Having removed it I hope the issue will be solved 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines