• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page order messed up during two-sided printing

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to do two-sided printing using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, an empty page is on the back of page 1, causing pages 2&3 to be printed on the same sheet, pages 4&5 printed together, etc. Normally, the page order would be pages 1&2 printed together on the same sheet, then pages 3&4, and so on.

I tried two-sided printing using the Preview app on my Macbook Pro, and the page order is not messed up. Therefore I believe the issue is with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, not my HP printer.

Here are the settings I implemented in Adobe:

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.22.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.22.55 AM.png

There is no difference whether I chose "Media & Quality" or "Layout" as seen in the two screenshots below. The issue remains.

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.23.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.23.24 AM.png

Please let me know how I can fix this problem. Thanks.

[Question moved to the Printing & Prepress forum from the Document Cloud PDF Services forum. -Mod.]

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be, you have an odd number of pages and are printing the last page first.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I think Abambo is right that it is because the document contains an odd number of pages, but this is clearly a bug that is causing Acrobat to add the blank page at the start, and not the end of the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue. I had an even number of pages and adobe was adding that blank page causing all the pages to be mixed up! What I did was silly but it worked! 

On the first screen, on the section "Pages to print" I clicked on "more options" and selected "reverse pages". This caused to start printing by the end and everything came out perfectly and for some reason there was no blank page at all 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines