• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages print with extra blank space at top Acrobat Pro 2017 mac 10.14.5

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This began with Acrobat Pro XI on the same Macbook Air.  This particular user gets the occasional (about 40-50% of the time) print job which comes out with the entire job pushed down the page, and the top of the page blank, as though there were extra headers up there or a big margin. 

We upgraded her to Acrobat Pro 2017 both because some "solutions" were to upgrade, and also because it was finally time.  Currently the Macbook Air has both 2017 and XI installed simultaneously, but 2017 is definitely the version she is using.

We've tried using "print as image" and that does not help reliably enough to be a workaround.  Sometimes the occasional job will still print partway down the page, as though the printer is not grabbing the page correctly (the printer IS grabbing the page correctly because it's a network printer and nobody else has this problem).

We also had an issue with pages printing incorrectly while the print preview was missing, but we found a workaround for the preview being missing and the page still prints wrong anyway.

Sometimes the problem can be "solved" by printing one page at a time, but this is impractical as a workaround when she prints dozens of pages in a day.  And still sometimes single pages print incorrectly, despite the other attempts to work around this issue.

We also tried resetting the print system, but this also had no effect on the way the jobs were handled.  At this point I am thinking of completely uninstalling both versions of Acrobat and reinstalling the 2017 version fresh, but I wanted to know if I have covered everything before I do so.  And also is there a tool which completely removes all traces of Acrobat for Mac?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up:  she said it's actually EVERY pdf.

So I've run the uninstaller on both XI and 2017.  Rebooted.  Reinstalled 2017.  Problem still persists.

The top of every page comes out with extra blank space every time.  Do I need to remove the entire tree of files under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat as well, to get rid of all versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't there a margin misconfiguration in the printer driver?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines