• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan and select tool problem

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, Version 2015.006.30355.  When I click on the pan tool and try to pan, it only works when I click when the hand is moving.  If I stop moving the pan tool (hand), the hand turns into the select tool (cross hairs).  What can I do to keep the pan tool from turning into the select tool?

Message was edited by: David Ernst Added DC to the name of the product.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ganodaker,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you wish to keep the pan tool as default, you need to make changes under the preferences window.

Launch the application and go to application Preferences > General.

Make sure that only the box for "Make Hand tool read articles" is checked from the option shown below in the screenshot.

hand tool default.PNG

Once you make the changes, click OK at the bottom to save the changes.

Then check if it is working as you required.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful, thank you for giving the option to return the pan tool back to its original functionality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole pan-han tool is a disaster and Adobe needs to fix this. No matter what I do, the hassle of switching from the select tool to the hand tool interferes with work , efficiency, and common sense. The fact that I have seen so many answers that seem logical, from the same person, and years go by and the problem gets revisited every update is stupid. FIX this. I just want to set the hand/Pan tool as default and I can't. It shouldn't be this hard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one day everything is fine. next it goes back to defaulting to select and i can't get Pan to default anymore. I read all the articles, do all the settings and nothing works. this is an absolute disaster and waste of my time. Find a fix. Make it stick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Revisiting same old problem. Hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines