• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have put a password on my PDF and now I can't open it because I dont remember it. Can anyone help me. I cannot get past the enter password screen. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Remember the password or re-create the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember the password or re-create the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Battgurl,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you have created the PDF and don't remember the password you applied to the PDF file, I am afraid that it is impossible to reset it. You will not be able to change/ reset the password without the original password.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help what do I do then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Djallen, we said. You can remember the password or recreate the document. Adobe don't have any way to tell you a password you forgot, or a password set by someone else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem .On my file on the phone, all pdf are now protected, BUT I DIDN'T PROTECT THEM. On the drive, opening from desktop everything is ok. I need to open the documents without the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the password prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but I don't understand. I have no password, I never create it. I need to cancel this option from mobile. I need to open the documents. why the mobile blocks the pdf? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the document on Windows or Mac.

Go to File > Properties > Security

Please post a screen shot of what you see there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the desktop it works. I verified there is no protection. As I wrote I have a problem on my mobile. If I try to open a pdf : it says: write the password. the file is protected.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I didn't ask whether it seemed protected on the desktop. Please do follow these instructions:

-Open the document on Windows or Mac.

-Go to File > Properties > Security

-Please post a screen shot of what you see there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the password you are getting asked for is for the PDF and not for the Creative Cloud account (or other cloud storage password)?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>  If I try to open a pdf : it says: write the password. the file is protected.. 

Is this the exact message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES... you can see the picture...it is in Italian . You can see also the strange thing: there are two pdf in the screenshot one is normal and I can open it. THe other one has the symbol of acrobat and requires the password.1.jpg

I have this problem just with mobile.

THen if I open the pdf it says: the file is protected by password .Insert it. but I have no idea of what password it could be!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have still not shared the screen shot I asked for. From Acrobat Reader on Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joki23183863ihx3_0-1646978892032.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also load a screen capture of the request for a password?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can remember my password for file but I must have added a password for printing and can't remember that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines