• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

past content in document properties

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for publishing reasons, I have to adapt the properties of the PDFs I make (fill in the correct authors, title, subject, keywords). Often there is a lot of text to fill in. I used to be able to copy this content from Word and than past it in the document properties, but pasting is no longer possible, which means I have the type it all myself.

is there any solution to restore this so I can paste the content again instead of having to type it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

It should still be possible. However, you might be trying to paste characters which are not allowed, and then it doesn't work at all. I suggest you try copying some very simple text, preferably not from Word but from a plain-text editor (like Notepad) and see if that works. If so, then the issue is with the text you were trying to copy originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should still be possible. However, you might be trying to paste characters which are not allowed, and then it doesn't work at all. I suggest you try copying some very simple text, preferably not from Word but from a plain-text editor (like Notepad) and see if that works. If so, then the issue is with the text you were trying to copy originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue could be the length of the text you're trying to paste. There might be a limit to it, and if you exceed it it might not paste anything at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you this solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, were you able to narrow it down to a specific character?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not really understand what you mean. But I copied the text (which is in Arial 10) from my Word file, pasted into Notepad (it changed to font Consolas) and recopied it from there to paste it in my Adobe Document properties.

the length of the text was not the issue (it's max 1 rule per topic in the properties), but probably the font (although Arial is available in my font styles in Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm guessing it's some kind of encoding issue, then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this. I have had the same problem for several months. I always use the same font and the only character I use is a comma.  I've been pasting keywords into the properties for 2+ years. One day, it just quit working.

I copied my info from a Word document into Notepad and was FINALLY able to paste it into keywords so thanks for posting that! It would be better NOT to have to paste to Notepad but at least there's a work around!

I always use the same font (Ariel) and character and paste from a Word document. I tried posting 9 words since some thought it might be the length of the entry; couldn't paste those in either.

Something changed with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines