• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting same thing different forms

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im wondering if there are any tools available to assist in completing forms. In Chrome I use an extension that allows me to right click and paste from a list of items so I dont have to keep typing them all the time. 

Is there ANYTHING avilable like this for Acrobat? 

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you describe exactly what you try to achieve, maybe we can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Im completing online forms that are web based. I can right click and there is a menu with prefilled data. This is through a plug in for Chrome. 

papercuts.png

When I fill out data in a PDF I have to type each item one by one. Also because there is SO much data, I  cant remember it all. So choosing the answers and having the extension or plug in insert the answer is a HUGE time saver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've written several tools for loading data into PDF forms.  You'll find some of them listed on this page, at the top in the "Data Tools" catetory. 

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Automation-Tool-Descriptions.cfm

The top two are complete tools, whereas the "Form Field Prefill Tool", which is almost exactly what you are asking about,  is a demonstration tool that requires some programming to customize for your forms. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is possible in a PDF form, because each form can have fields with different names, and a script can't know which field you are currently editing, unless you enter the field name into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is true for HTML forms. It's just that people tend to use the same names for things like email, first name, etc.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but HTML forms (and browsers in general) offer much more flexibility in terms of scripting than Acrobat and PDF forms, I think. I guess you could use fuzzy logic and try to guess which fields are for First Name, Family Name, Email Address, etc., but as soon as someone names their fields Text1, Text2, Text3, etc. (which is very common, as I'm sure you know) that will fail completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be choosing what to fill on what area. If you check out papercuts (chrome extension) thats how it works for me on web forms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using Windows you should use the multiple clipboard (Windows key + V).

On Macos you need to add a utility as this is not supported natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines