PDF access denied

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly started having trouble with Acrobat today. I was editing a PDF, and when I went to save my changes, it wouldn't let me save - I had to save a copy under a new name. And now I'm finding that when I try to open either the original PDF or one of the copies I'd made, I'm getting the access denied error message. 

I followed some of the advice I saw elsewhere here and unclicked that one box in security (enhanced), but some of the PDFs are still access denied. 

I'd really appreciate some guidance. I've never had this happen before, and these are PDFs for a rather important work project. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 22.1.20112 (Mac) Installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer locally and then try to open it via Acrobat/Reader DC application and check.

You may also try to reset the acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, please share a  small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines