Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF and AI files

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys,

hope you are all well, we have an issue, when I send my business partner a PDF or AI file that I have designed in Illustrator, it opens up as a LINKED file in his layers, just wondering why this might be happening.  We send files via Wetransfer, but is it maybe because he has a different version of an illustrator to me?  I know he can just select it and click EMBED, but is there something else we can do to stop it from being a linked file when he opens it up (he doesn't place it).

Many thanks for your time and support

Kind regards

Paul

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose it's possible the wetransfer is screwing up the file association, so maybe his Illustrator is not seeing the files as what they are supposed to be?

How different are your versions? Even if he had an older version (e.g. CS6 to your CC2022) there would be a warning when opening.

How is he opening the file? ie. from inside Illustrator, or by click-opening the file from the Finder/Explorer?

If the file has been mis-associated, try have him open, say the AI file, from inside Illustrator and in the options, select AI specifically as the format instead of All Readable Formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines