• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Appears Correctly in Every PDF Viewer Except Acrobat! Why???

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and downloaded a PDF file from a teacher website that I use frequently. When I open the file in Acrobat Pro 2020 (Windows) it is missing many elements. When I change to edit mode, I see the boxes for the elements, but they are all empty. But when I open the PDF file in Foxit, PDF Annotator, or the online Google PDF viewer, the file looks flawless. I think I have seen this happen with other files in the past. What could be causing this? Is there a setting I can change in Acrobat to make the missing elements appear? I have tried messing with layers, but the file appears to only have one layer. Maybe it is a text rendering issue??? I have attached screenshots of pages from the documents in Foxit and Acrobat (in Edit Mode, so you can see the object boxes). Hope someone can help.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that the missing elements are all TEXT. So in the EDIT Mode I tried selecting within the boxes, and sure enough I could select the invisible text. It shows that the text is black (in the text color box on the right of the screen), but it appears white or invisible. If I change it to another color (like RED), the text appears. So the question is . . . why is Acrobat changing all the colors to white or invisible? and how can I stop this from happening?

I just noticed that in the original PDF file, all the text is black. When I try to convert the text that I made red back to black, it disappears again. So it seems that with this file Acrobat is converting all the black text to white???? Any ideas why this would be? I have attached an image of the invisible (white) text that I converted to red. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your Accessibility preferences, turn off Replace Colors, if it's on. Also, confirm your page display preference to Use Overprint Preview is set to "Always".

If you are still having problems, download the free Acrobat Reader, how does the pdf look there? If it's OK, you may need to re-set your Acrobat preferences.

Can you extract one page and upload it here, using the attach file button below?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines