• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Background Color

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend A is helping me with a PDF related matter using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (32-bit). 

I sent A a .pdf  with a white background that I would like changed to black. A managed to do so (kudos to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for this handy feature). A saved the file, confirmed that it is a black background, and sent it my way via email and Telegram. On both mediums (and on my PDF reader), it reappears as having a white background. 

Why is that? How do I get it to appear in a black background if I no longer have Adobe Acrobat and all other alternatives I have attempted failed? I tried opening the files on a x64 PC and on iOS - if that matters in the slightest. 

P.S.: If you are going to suggest I renew Adobe Acrobat / repurchase a license, don't. It is not helpful advice. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact steps did you take to convert the background to black? And can you post the PDF with the converted background, or create a sample using the same technique and post that?

In general, it is not possible to make permenant changes to PDF page content with Reader. Acrobat Pro is required for this. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Thom Parker I am not able to post the converted PDF here because I am unable to replicate without Adobe Acrobat. 

@Bernd Alheit yes I did use Accessibility to change the background color. 

@Test Screen Name it doesn't explain how on A's end, the saved PDF opens with a black background when it was originally white (which sounds like the file was changed), and why it would not carry over via email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can tell you Reader cannot change a background. That is definite. I believe A changed the background colour and sees that. There's not really any more to say. If A is trying to convince you they know a trick to edit AND change the background IN READER, then A is tricking you; or tricking THEMSELVES (many people honestly believe that the Accessibility Settings change files permanently and get in all sorts of difficulty).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed the preferences at Accessibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think A changed their own display preferences. They changed only how A sees it. The file doesn't change. Sounds normal. A doesn't have a useful trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines