• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf black text

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a quick way to check a furnished pdf for any black text that is not 100% black only? Such as rgb black or photoshop type?

Is there a good way to make the conversion to black only?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? This sounds more like a software-specific question than one about typography; we can get a moderator to move your thread to a product-specific forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a type/typography problem.

You should ask in the Acrobat Forum.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find a way to check and fix furnished pdfs that have blk text in more than just black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving tis thread to Editing & Exporting PDFs​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can use the preflight tool to find objects that use "rich black" by selecting the profile "List rich black objects":

2017-02-10_10-10-51.png

As you can see, I used the search function to limit the number of elements in the window. To correct this, you have to switch to the single fixup mode, and then select the "Correct 4c black" fixup:

2017-02-10_10-12-38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been quite a while since this question was covered, but why is "Correct 4c Black" available as a fixup on some Adobe Acrobat profiles and not on others?  The company I used to work for had it, I could preflight submitted PDFs before printing and it fixed 4C black text in a snap. The printing company I work for now, the profile is not available. I'm using Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.16 now, I don't remember what was being used at my old company. Are fixup profiles something that can be downloaded and installed, if so, where can I get this fixup? Many thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines