• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Booklet Printing interrupted after printing just one side due to power failure and system shutdown. How do I print the other blank side of the A4 sheet?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the booklet feature to print on A4 size paper, which I would cut in half to create an A5 booklet. I have done this successfully many times.

I filled the PDF print dialog box with the appropriate values, and it proceeded to print one side of the paper, on my inkjet printer which does not have duplex facility. One side of the 200 pages were successfully printed. Now I was prompted to reverse the sheets and re-insert the pages to print on the other blank side. At this time there was a power failure and the computer shutdown.

I had to reboot my computer. Now how do I print the blank side of the sheets to create the booklet?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's been years, but I was looking for the answer tonight, and finally figured it out! (sorry if it's now obvious for others as well)

But when you click print and choose "Booklet", you can change the "Booklet subset" to either 'Back side only" or "Front side only"

That means, (if you had a similar thing happen to me with ink running out halfway through), you can continue printing only the front side, or the back side! You can even choose how far through you want to start from by changing the "Sheets from" to begin at the next page you need to be printed.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! I just wanted to ask, what if you haven't finished printing the first side yet and their is a power failure and you have to turn on your printer again? How can I continue printing my pdf file booklet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines