Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf calculations not working on Adobe reader

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just created a fillable PDF file for clients to fill in to calculate their calorie targets. It includes a number of hidden formulas I've created using the calculations form in acrobat. 

When I open the file using acrobat on my laptop, and also a third party pdf reader (PDF expert) on my iPad and phone, it all works fine. But if I try to open it on acrobat reader on my iPad or phone, none of the calculations work. It lets me fill in the forms but nothing happens in the cells that should automatically calculate.

I'm desperate to get this working please, so any advice or help would be so grateful. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I don't think the Adobe Reader on the iPad has support for calculation yet. but I may be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean no one who opens this file using Adobe reader would be able to formidable the desired results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will work in Acrobat Reader on Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some JavaScript is supported by Acrobat Reader on iOS, including a lot of basic calculations. But clearly it's not something Adobe are interested in doing, and it's been frozen half-baked for many years. Here is the state of play: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Mobile/iosapi/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend though that you make a web-based solution or an app. Even if you can work within the framework of JavaScript supported by iOS, sending files to the Reader to use them will be alien and incomprehensible to most of your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines