• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF comparision -- "text only" option misses changes in text over pictures

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a bug with the "text only" option in the PDF comparison tool. When text is present within/above pictures or other graphical background elements, it seems to get disregarded.

Changes are found when "text only" is not activated. But this in practice increases "false positive" changes, thus bloating the comparison.

The text which is missed is most definately present as real text and can be copied without issues.

Attached are two comparison files with content I set up in word and exported to PDF (note that this also accurs with PDFs from InDesign). One comparsion was made with "text only" activated, leading to one change where there should be two. The other one without "text only", with 4 changes (but only 2 are of actual interest)

Can something like this be fixed in a future realease?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This is interesting, until now I did not see it this way, I will be careful in future comparisons, I hope that this part can be improved in Acrobat.

Thanks for sharing,

Greetings, 

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines