• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF digital signature

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i am receiving a pdf file with digital signature.when I try to edit it's showing I am not allowed to edit.If I copied to local drive then I edited the pdf .it will be informed to Signature person ?? Or Abode will notify when the pdf is edited ?? 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody will be automatically informed about you changing a signed PDF.

Merely when you yourself forward the manipulated PDF to someone else, that person can validate the signature and see whether your changes invalidated the signature or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not allowed to edit because it is signed. That's one of the main reasons to digitally sign a file, to ensure it's not edited after it was signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A file that is digitally signed cannot be changed without breaking the signature. It's the same as in the paper world. As soon as a contract is signed, you can't change it any more because that would break the signature.

If you want or need to modify it, ask the creator of the file to get an unsigned copy, modify and let it sign again...well, if the parties agree with your changes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A file that is digitally signed cannot be changed without breaking the signature.

Well, if we're talking about integrated pdf signatures, this is not completely true - as long as one changes the pdf using incremental updates, the signature remains intact cryptographically (because the signed byte ranges are stored in the signed data). And as long as one merely applies changes allowed by the document DocMDP settings, it even remains valid according to spec. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines