• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my previous post, I don't believe this is something Adobe can fix... other apps are affected, too.

Maybe they can find out what's causing the problem and that should help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning- considering their program interfaces with the other programs to create the PDF, I think they most certainly can provide a fix.  And of course, anything that is Adobe based can be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But she's seeing the problem in non-PDF items... so not sure how creating PDFs is involved. It seems be be a display rendering issue, more likely to be a Microsoft issue, I would have thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the accessiblility fix - and yes, that works for white background documents.  For forms and image boxes, it leaves the boxes yellow. 

The fix for that is to go into the page tool to create forms, select the affected field, right click to Properties.  Then select NO FILL.  If you white is defaulted, it still turns it yellow, but the no fill eliminate all color for me.

NOW - this will be quite cumbersome because it is not an app setting, but a fix in each document.  But it at least removes the yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Celmir  paganotto pedrolo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Celmir paganotto pedrolo Celmir paganotto pedrolo  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached out to Adobe tech support.  They are aware of the issue and working on a solution.  Hopefully sooner than later.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they are quick.  I don't want to have to switch to another reader.

Same issue here.  All pdfs that I have ever created now have yellow backgrounds.  They even print out with a yellow cast.  It seems to be the background page only.  All graphics and images are true color, even white is still white. 

So far I have been forced to present four different projects in online meetings, all with yellow backgrounds.  VERY FRUSTRATING ...and embarrassing.  

None of the fixes suggested really work.  Some remove the background yellow, but cause other color problems just as bad.  Maybe a temp solution for some, but not if your files have any colors or renderings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The temp solution for important projects and presentations would be to use a different reader until Adobe comes up with a fix. This is not a great solution I agree and is not one that everyone can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Given that it occurred immediately after the update, it is very likely that this update was indeed a virus. Lost already at least 3 hours of work time in the night, trying to save a serious deadline, not to speak of lifetime.

If Adobe enforces such situations, they apparently do not consider that some people rely on their software for work ... please Q/A your software before distributing it, or give us at least a quick button to roll back ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue too. It's rather annoying to see this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem... very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue... began in the last day or so. Interested to see if they come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the problem, noticed this morning 18 Sep. I am only using PDF reader, 2021.007.20091. The yellow background is in all PDF documents I am looking at, all previously showed no yellowing.

The PDF reader plugin for Chrome is OK, no yellow background.

Dare I suggest Microsoft?? Update Tuesday has just happened, and I can confirm that the same version of PDF reader and the same PDF file renders completely as expected on a laptop that has not yet had the latest Windows 10 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my wife to apply latest Windows updates last night and that has resolved the problem for her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the very latest Windows 10 21H1. It did not change anything, so all PDFs are still yellow!

@Adobe, are there any news? How about going quickly back to the last working version, for the moment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! I have many PDF forms I edit daily, and about 2 days ago all the form's BACKGOUND page color appears  IVORY colored, not WHITE.  I did nothing to effect this change.  Yes, I have v21.007.20091 installed.  Let's see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as well, but I don't think it is an Adobe issue. I have the same version of Acrobat v21.007.20091, but my wife does as well and it it not happening on her computer. I had a Windows Update happen 2 days ago (which she does not have). This is when I started having the issue so I suspect that this windows update is the cause. The update is: "2021-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems". Others have said they are seeing similar issues with image files so a Windows Update as the cause would make sense for this too. I fixed the issue for now by using the Accessibility options that a poster mentioned previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This yellow background may be an Adobe issue or it may be a Windows issue. Either way, since it's an Adobe product, Adobe needs to officially reply or at least blame it on the Windows update, officially. No one from Adobe has said a word and that is frustrating. 

I'm guessing if no official word or patch from Adobe is release by next week, we'll all blame it on mercury retrograde starting on 9/27/21. Apparently it can affect anything from airplanes, to laptops, to Adobe products. to your love life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - would be nice to hear from Adobe, especially as they should now have a bit more info to go on.

I couldn't uninstall the MS update, but the restore point I had briefly went back to an earlier version of Acrobat Reader - still yellow background. Although the Cumulative update KB5005565 was removed, the "Servicing Stack" component of the update was still present (10.0.19.041.1220). 

Officially, MS have logged no issues for either the Cumulative or Servicing stack updates so Adobe really need to get one lodged.

I can confirm that the work-around higher in this thread (Preferences/Accessibility/tick Replace Document Colours) does work and this will have to be what I tell the folk at work when they start complaining on Monday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just got global visability, since it was recommended to me by Chrome news on new tab. So beware.

P.S. cannot reproduce. But obviously has something to do with with colorcpl.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines