• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Glad (but not glad) it seems to be a widespread issue effecting enough people for them to address it. The "Accessability" work around doesnt work on all pdfs, and still prints yellow for me. Praying this gets fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. After the update, everything is now showing up yellow. I have changed the page colour to white, however my company logo still appears yellow and any scans. This wouldn't be a huge issue if it was just showing yellow, but when I print the documents, they show up yellow! 

I spent an hour with Adobe yesterday and was told to contact Microsoft Support (???) to get a new user profile created. I feel like this probably won't fix the problem, has anyone done this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, this problem started happening for me after getting a new Microsoft user profile created. Maybe coincidence but I am not going through that process again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Night mode, any of you? I will also point out that this change of white (and not always transparent white even) to black for example in latest redesign of  Microsoft 365 is also horrible idea (I do already have it). https://youtu.be/NyTV6atd_1Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copied from a previous reply, this correctd the issue for me.

It looks like the software update changed a default.

To fix it:
Edit
Preferences
Accessibility
Use Windows Color Scheme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me insane as well. I will likely cancel my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription if this is not immediately resolved. Frankly, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the only Adobe app I regularly use and if it is malfunctioning, I will have to seek out an alternative.

Nearly everything I convert to PDF or "print" to PDF has a hideous yellow background. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this directly from my ticket with Adobe.  So far it has worked in all my applications including acrobat, indesign, photoshop as well as when I pdf'd from Word.  NOTE:  I had to UNDO the accessibility 'fix' as it was preventing color from appearing on non-white backgrounds.  So far everything seems back to normal.

There is a workaround to fix the issue. Please follow the below steps to fix it.

* Close Acrobat DC

* Open Control Panel>Color Management

* Select the display (monitor) from the dropdown list and check the box "use my settings for this device"

* After this, select any existing ICC profiles you see and click on Remove button

* Once this is done, please click on Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and click on Ok and then close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works. You have been fantastic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for our one employee with this problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work well for our users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Finally! This was so helpful! Thanks, aliciat97893320!!! However, these steps alone did not resolve it for me.  After following the steps in my control panel and closing, I then needed to go back into Adobe Acrobat under PREFERENCES > COLOR MANAGEMENT and choose "Monitor RGB - sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and click OK. 

And also, because I had been messing around all week trying the random bandaids that so many users recommended, I needed to go back into Adobe Acrobat PREFERENCES>ACCESSIBILITY and uncheck the Replace Document Colors box.  I'm sure many of you were scrambling around and changing all your settings, as well. 

So far, it appears this has resolved it for me.  Now I just hope the next update doesn't come in and mess it all up again, because, honestly, I don't even know where I started before all these bandaids : )

For convenience, following are the steps from aliciat97893320's post that were the most help for my situation, and a few screenshots of the extra steps I needed to take:

* Close Acrobat DC

* Open Control Panel>Color Management

* Select the display (monitor) from the dropdown list and check the box "use my settings for this device"

* After this, select any existing ICC profiles you see and click on Remove button

* Once this is done, please click on Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and click on Ok and then close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional tip. When I changed my computer monitor ICC Profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, my entire screen was tinted in yellow. I had success following all of the steps but instead using Web(sRGB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my control panel there is no color management fuction, I work a HP envy pc, anyone any ideas where to find these settings on my pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing out this solution. It did get rid of the yellow for me, but unfortunately only to replace it with a grayish colour.

I do not have a solution, just adding this info in case anyone else experiences this as well.

We are now just hoping that Adobe will provide a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have no idea what is causing this but it does not appear to be as widespread as I thought. Only my PC at home is yellow, around 100 regular users at work (including me) not affected.

My home PC - Windows Colour settings are as suggested. Using the accessibility/replace document colours worked for a while, but after an enforced Adobe upgrade from the 32bit to 64 bit version what appeared on the screen was OK, but when printed the yellow backgrounds to various text boxes reappeared.

So I gave up and uninstalled Acrobat Reader. Then removed Adobe folders from c:\program files; c:\program files (x86); c:\program data plus the appdata Adobe folders that I could find.

Then re-installed Acrobat Reader DC. All seemed fine. Then I went to bed. The following morning, bad as ever. Yellow background.

Another couple of weeks and it will once more be update Tuesday. Perhaps that will fix it..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only on systems that did the update. Did you try the fix given to me by Adobe? NOT the accessibility fix w color Mgmt? Please see previous posts as I am not near my computer at the moment. When you do it you have to make sure you remove the other profiles for the monitors or it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my PC already had the correct screen profile but I removed and added
in again just to be sure.
The problem I have is not so much getting rid of the yellow from the screen
but getting it off the printout as well. It all seems a bit overcomplicated
and as yet nobody seems to have come up with a fix, be that MS or Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pdf'd the document, and the yellow boxes remain, you may need to reopen the application and re-pdf.  So far it has worked on all applications for Adobe as well a those I make pdfs from MS Office (word, excel etc).  I would recommend reaching out directly to Adobe and creating a ticket.  I did and their fix arrived within a day or so of this all starting on 9/14.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off a chat session with support. They uninstalled current version and reinstalled an older version of Acrobat DC and all is fine now, no more yellow pages. He said the fix would come with the next update but at least I have white pages again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't regard setting the display profile to sRGB as a solution. Some of us have wide gamut displays with custom profiles. The idea of limiting my display to an sRGB gamut is not acceptable. 

No one has said how this fixes the problem. Is Acrobat changing the default profile to something inappropriate and thus switching back to sRGB corrects this? If so, I can see how switching back to a more appropriate profile would correct the problem.

My wife's computer, however, doesn't lose the yellow background even if we do change the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, that solution (Edit - Preferences - Accessobility - Use Windows Color Scheme) doesn't fix the problem, most part of the document is still shwoing yellow color and even when I print the document, it's yellow too.When this problem can be solved by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jerry39123147, I just tried it, it doesn't work for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review earlier posts from myself which include adobe directed fix.  The accessibility WILL NOT fix the issue.  It is a conflict with the monitor in your settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines