• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me, too. And I'm a lawyer in the middle of a trial! How annoying. I contacted support and received a partial fix for SOME but not all PDFs. 

It works at least for documents printed to PDF from Word, though it's clearly not a complete fix since some other PDFs are still yellow. And it is only in Adobe. Opening PDFs in other viewers is fine. Adobe tech support needs to get on this yesterday 

The partial fix is to go to Accessibility settings under preferences and select the option to substitute colors and choose custom colors with black and white. You may need to play around with checking different boxes around that too depending on your needs, especially if you want to have any non-black text appear as the intended color. 

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

By @default0rkoqzf53t96

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Tried everythign here. Nothing works. I too am an attorney going to trial soon. This must get fixed. Where is Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me late last week and I haven't found a fix yet. Working on uninstalling and reinstalling now. I'll report back any findings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time. I already uninstalled and reinstalled, including
removing all data etc., and it didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just finished reinstalling to no avail.

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have switched to Foxit PDF Reader until this gets fixed.  Free download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Most of my pdf files created in Corel Draw. All of a sudden pdfs have yellow background in both Acrobat pro and reader since last week also. I tried the fixes mentioned ealrier and they did not work. It doesn't matter whether it is a newly created pdf or an old one. Background is yellow. They weren't before. When I printed the ones with yellow background from acrobat or reader the yellow background prints when printed on a color xerox machine. This is crazy. I'm a printer, I can't give my customers this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got to be kidding me... the yellow background shows up when
printing? What a nightmare!?! I am traveling so I had no idea this went
beyond the appearance on the screen.

I guess you just need to open the PDFs in another program when printing.
Google Chrome isn't as user friendly for printing options, but hopefully it
could get the job done. Good luck.

And definitely definitely contact support through Adobe's website. That's
how I found out about the partial "fix" for documents printed from Word to
PDF. I didn't realize how bad the problem was though and I haven't had near
enough time to track them down myself.

--
[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't going to sound very helpful, but just now all of my files are back to normal. JPG as well! I didn't change any settings or even restart my computer. I've turned off the Accessibility settings and it's all back to normal.

I'd love to share how I did it or know how to stop it from coming back but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only thing even close to an explanation is that I tried to edit my colour profiles in Colour Settings (but I couldn't find any .ics files to apply so I just left), and then I tried to edit Gamma but it needs admin permissions so I quit that too.

Best of luck to all my fellow yellows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully I have some additional info to help Adobe resolve this issue.

Last week I had a PDF document open that all looked fine at the start of the document. As I was navigating/scrolling the document I remember thinking it rendered a bit strange. Didnt think much of it at the time so I don't recall exactly but I think a page wasn't rendered correctly and there was some yellow background and possibly some text/area missing. Then the rest of the document had a yellow background and I thought there was a glitch that affected that document. Since then any PDF I open has this yellow background. 

I can get rid of this using the settings that others have mentioned in Preferences -> Accessibility -> Replace Document Colors

As someone who needs to create and approve PDF files for customer consumption, this is not an option as I can't trust what I'm looking at.

Running 2021.007.20091 on an up to date windows 10 machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been experiencing the exact same issues with Acrobat DC. I have managed to completely correct the issue. It is NOT limited to Acrobat. I believe it was caused by a recent windows 10 update. The stepps to correct the issue are fairly straight forward. You need to alter your settings in WINDOWS COLOUR MANAGEMENT! Simply remove the current default (my BenQ monitor) and replace the default with a standard sRGB 2.1 profile and your done 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is set for the standard sRGB 2.1 and still getting yellow background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also unistalled every update from Microsoft that came through in september. I also unchecked the replace documents colour setting in Acrobat. Then uninstalled and reinstalled acrobat and problem solved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also set the Acrobat Colour Management RGB setting to match that of my Windows Colour Management RGB. Hope this helps you to resolve your issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

--
[P.I Removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as other posters with page Background being yellow when opening a PDF in Adobe, have tried suggestions with changing Document Colours to either Use Window Colour Scheme or Customer colour - whilst this does change the majority of the background to white and images still have a Yellow Background colour - see example of image retaining a yellow colour.  this has only happened in the last few days.

Suzette5C69_0-1632227857809.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue also.  Has Adobe provided an an ETA on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem since yesterday, every existing PDF I open, that typically has a white background, now has a yellow background.  I didn't create half the documents, some of them are from others, some of them I created, they are all yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fielding support calls at work for this issue.

An ETA on when this is going to be fixed would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker's Acrobat DC Pro installed an auto update on 9/15 and she immediately noticed that her PDFs were converting from Word with varying yellow backgrounds. Our internal IT department had her change the background to white, but this still didn't prevent the yellow background from showing up when she printed. On 9/20, I connected with an Adobe rep via the website's chat function. He confirmed that this issue IS a widespread bug and that their engineering team is working on a fix. He took control of the computer and downloaded/installed a patch. Then he unclicked a box for installing automatic Adobe updates. I asked when I should turn the updates back on and he said to check back within a week. Our office is using eighteen Adobe licenses and so far only one person has had this yellow background conversion issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Must be something to do with the latest update I imagine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Changing the background doesn't remove the yellow from graphics or text boxes. Anyone have a software fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue here.

Although I can change the background color to yellow, the yellow in my embedded images remains the same. 

But it doesn't seem to print the yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines