• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF file as a template for authors?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks! I am looking for a way to create a writable PDF over multiple pages.

There is probably a way to use a PDF as a template for authors and in the end you just have to join all the PDFs together and create a printable PDF file. There should be several elements in the template: Headline, subheadline, placeholder for images, labels for images, etc. My biggest wish would be to be able to create the continuous text even in two columns.

I know that some publishers use this type of template, but I don't know what it is called or how to create it. I've already created a form in InDesign and exported it as a PDF, but unfortunately I can't get the text boxes to link together and the text just flows over several pages. Then I created a form directly in Adobe Acrobat DC, but even that didn't bring the desired result.

Thanks for your help! _Chris

TOPICS
PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

This is not possible in Adobe Acrobat. Use a document editor InDesign or Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible in Adobe Acrobat. Use a document editor InDesign or Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Then it must have been a Word template. I could not find the slightest hint that it is possible with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not a document editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meine Freunde.. That simple statement has helped me clarify so much that I have been trying to do with PDF's.. Thank you so so much, or in my limited german, Danke Danke Danke... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fillable document described by the original poster would be best done in MS Word. A Word template could have Word form fields (called content controls) that authors could complete.

When done, the Word document can be exported to PDF.

InDesign would create a static form, not something flexible like what the original poster described.

And Acrobat just doesn't edit anything. It's the final end result, not an authoring/editing tool.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines