Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf file greater than 2 gb won’t open

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Pdf file for printing, greater than 2 gb won’t open in Acrobat Pro DC. If the preference file "com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" is deleted, it opens. But only once or twice, or if Acrobat Preferences are customized, it won’t open. Have also tried to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Pro DC, same result. Have anybody else experienced this and do anyone have a workaround or fix for this? 

Details:

MacOS Monterey, versjon 12.1

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Version 2021.011.20039

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Acrobat forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It started about a week ago. Before that I was opening files over 10GB in size. Now, not only will files over 2GB not open, but I'll get an i/o error trying to write a working file that grows to over 2GB. Does anybody have any suggestions? Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not help. 

Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1

Mac Pro (2019)

3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

48GB RAM

Acrobat Pro DC

Version 2021.011.20039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 on a Macbook Pro 15-inch 2019.

Large PDFs are imporant to my job and I no longer can open any above 2GB. Help, Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not specifically for the file size issue but the page below may give some ideas with problems opening a PDF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html

Have you tried with Acrobat Reader to see if it behaves differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I downloaded Acrobat Reader and it did open my PDF (yay!) but because I'm paying for Acrobat Pro, if I try to save a file out of it, it tells me "Looks like you have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro subsciption!" and opens the disfunctioning Acrobat Pro without letting me save. So no dice.... 😞

Any other ideas? Does Adobe know about this issue? All of my coworkers are experiencing the same situation I am right now, and like I said, our jobs are very dependant on using PDFs. It could cause us to switch platforms entirely until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Acrobat Reader open the file means that it is not the file but something wth Acrobat Pro.

Did you try save in Acrobat Reader and then get the message? If so, Reader isn't to be used for saving. It could be used as a workaround for printing. You can open the large PDF in Reader and print from there without the need to save. It does at least give you access to printing until the issue with opening in Acrobat Pro is resolved.

I see you don't have the latest Acrobat Pro DC, which is 22.001.20085, as below.Try updating Acrobat Pro DC.
https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I need to be able to save out PDFs, not just send them to the printer. My job requires me to merge large PDFs and save them as one file, then send the PDF to other coworkers.

I've updated to 22.001.20085 and no fix unfortunately. I see that update came out yesterday so it will likely be a long while until this bug is fixed, which is disheartening. I appreciate your help for what it's worth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, with macOS only, they open fine on Windows.

I have the problem on Catalina, Big Sure and Monterey.

Those file open correctly in Preview on the Mac also.

We are fully updated as for the Adobe Suite.

Any hint as to when we will receive an update that corrects the problem?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone reported the problem to Adobe? If so please share a link so others can upvote the problem report. Bug fixing is a popularity contest, it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines