• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF file name strange characters randomly vs what I type

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF file name strange characters randomly vs what I TRY to type as the name.

This has happened for awhile. Usually a reboot is necessary to make it disappear. It only happens from within a browser (Chrome or Firefox). Could be downloading from a bank etc. (with an already created .PDF I'm just downloading from that app) or making a .PDF via print PDF of a website. I've tried cleaning cache, to no avail.

Thoughts?

PC: Windows 10, Acrobat Pro

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How files are named, even temporary, is not controlled by Acrobat. You problem lies somewhere in your webbrowser or the file explorer of your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you but it happens in ANY browser.  And only with Acrobat. I noticed it first when private browing was used. Figured it was some security thing.  But now it is even in "open" windows. Anybody else have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You daid that the file names are already garbled when downloading a PDF from the web with your browsers. In that case Acrobat is not involved because a download happens through the browser and file explorer. Acrobat only processes files when you're opening them with it. 

Maybe helpful to understand the problem at your end when you provide a couple of screenshots of what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to prior reply, does NOT happen in other applications: e.g., Office apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines