• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF file opens minimized and can’t maximize

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today when I open a PDF file it opens minimized. When I click on icon on the bottom of the screen it will not maximize. I also tried to right click on the icon and select maximize but the file will not open. What is strange is that I can hold the mouse over the icon and I can see the file but it's very very small. 

How can I fix this problem. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I'm not exactly sure of your workflow, but I can surely relate it to Adobe Acrobat or Reader PDF viewer. Are you using any one of these app to open your PDF file?

May be your PDF isn't opening at its Actual Size. Rather than opening file, Open Acrobat Or Reader (whatever you have)>File>Open>select file and check.

Zoom in .PNG

What's the % you see in the menu bar? Set it to 100% and Actual Size. 

Once done, Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Document and Select "Restore last view setting..">OK>Reboot App.

Preferences Document.PNG

Does it make any difference?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later I'm encountering the same issue this morning. Nothing I've tried seems to resolve the issue. I have resorted to using a browser to view my pdf files. I 'd greatly appreciate any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are at least 4 places where the pdf initial view setting can be applied, in the pdf, and in the Acrobat page display & accessibility preferences. Here is a link to more details:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/page-layout-properties-not-saving/m-p/12584577#M...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for responding. My problem is that I can't get to the application's menus as everything is minimized - selecting file > Properties is therefore not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I misunderstood your question. So Acrobat won't open for you? You can't go to File> Open?

What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found a spurious other copy of Acrobat when viewing Tak Manager. I deleted it and now all seems well. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines