• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Fillable Form - Merging into one document

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf form that I created and sent out for people to fill in the blanks.  I have received 70 pdfs back from the people and now I need to create a single document with all of the files.  If I combine the documents into one binder, acrobat automatically populates the blanks to read the same. 

How am I going to combine all these files into one document?  It seems like print production might be the answer but I get so terribly lost when I look at print production and I don't understand the choices.

Last time I did this project 2 years ago, I literally "printed" each file to a pdf file to flatten it and that worked, but I am hoping for a better method.  

Thanks in advance.  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to flatten them, but it doesn't require printing them as a new file.

You can do it using this JavaScript command:

this.flattenPages();

If you have Acrobat Pro then you can do it as a part of an Action (via Tools - Action Wizard) and run it on all the files in a single process. Just make sure to add a Save command. Also, since this process is not reversible, make sure to keep a copy of the files before you flatten them.

After flattening you would be able to merge them to a single file in the regular way, and all the data in them will be preserved.

One small word of warning, though: Flattening converts the fields to static contents, as they are. If you have a text field with overflowing text, for example, all the text that isn't displayed on the screen will be lost. And any hidden fields will be lost, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!  I have Acrobat Pro.  I will definitely keep a backup copy.  I learned that last time.  

I looked at Action Wizard............ what choices in Action Wizard should I choose?  

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create New Action, then add to it an Execute JavaScript command (from the More Tools panel), and then click on Specify Settings underneath it to enter the code above, and also make sure to un-tick the "Prompt User" box. And then add a Save command (from the Save & Export panel). It should look something like this:

try67_0-1610879219136.png

Then save the Action and run it on your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can combine the files as a portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines