• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF fillable forms are blinking Non stop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using fillable forms with out any issue up until yesterday.  Now everytime I open a fillable form, the fields blink not stop and the fields are also black while I type so I don't see anything I'm typing.  I've updated my OS and I've also uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it.  Neither helped.  Please help if you know how to.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 114 Replies 114
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this worked for me. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yaaaassss!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have done it for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Hopefully we don't get anymore problems after this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm so very happy for all of you but my blinking problem persists.

I guess you're all using full Adobe Acrobat. I'm using the Fill & Sign option of the free 

Adobe Reader. No option "Application Startup" option exists under Preferences/General tabs.

So, I continue to use my iPad and iPhone mobile options without a problem. C'mon Adobe, how about a fix for everyone using your PDF system?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the full version as I pay for my subscription. I'll attach a screen shot of what I see after I click on "Preferences." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Casey. My Preferences do NOT have that last line that yours does.

So, I checked for an update and downloaded this Adobe Reader:

Continuous Release Version 2021.011.20039

And guess what, NO MORE BLINKING!!!!!! Hurray!!!!

By the way, the Preferences General list for this version does not include the "Enable native OS Mode...." option either. But they've somehow fixed the blinking screen problem with this update -- at least for me it works. 

Good luck everyone and thanks for sharing your solutions. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2021.011.20039. No paid version here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Enable Native OS selection showed up on our work Mac Mini for Acrobat Reader DC. The problem is finally gone now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me where this setting is?
Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DC Pro and this option is not available for me "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance." 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 7.55.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using whatever the latest version is. My client is using a 7 year old Mac and trying to fill the form on her computer and it's doing the same flickering. It only does it on scolling AFTER selecting the first radio button. If we just view the PDF it's fine, but selecting the first radio button triggers the flickering or as she calls it, "becomes invisible."  We probably have different versions of Acrobat and different people will all have random versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Application Start Up under General in Adobe Preferences or Finder Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This (selecting "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance") seems to work. I also unchecked the show large image button. iMac 24, M1, 2021. Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! I have tried everything suggested on this forum over the past year or more-- when I could think clearly through the migraines caused by the flashing screens. Thank you. Truly, what a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It drives me crazy… The enclosed example is still relatively harmless. From time to time, the screen flickers for seconds, especially if form fields are included. Buttons in particular.
BigSur 11.4

MacBookPro16,1

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M, 

Intel UHD Graphics 630

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release, Version 2021.011.20039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue. Here is a simple example of the problem. Clicking on the check box causes a flash. Scrolling is also very sluggish, as it seems the text goes from fuzzy to crisp each movement. Really an issue when creating or editing a complex form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I too have the "latest" update but no option to enable/disable "Enable native OS for optimal performance". So THIS/YOUR suggestion worked for me! Thank you so much, the blinking has been driving me insane. I thought it was computer but it's a solid 2018 Macbook Pro where I do video editing and graphic design, so I was baffled when it couldn't handle editing a PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got customer support on the phone today. I was so desperate to get this fixed that I allowed them to remote in on my computer (something I've never in my long life allowed). They were absolutely clueless about what was happening and what to do. So if you do have customer support on the line, don't bother giving them access to your system, they will just want to start messing around with your programs and system. 

In the meantime the problem persists with an additional element of surprise when the form is downloaded with Firefox. The form downloaded with the radio buttons missing. My client is very unhappy about the form fiasco. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that that turning off "Show field preview when creating or editing form fields" under prefrences / forms solved this problem for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not solve the problem. If we're creating fillable forms that means we're probably sending them to people to fill them out. We shouldn't have to give instructions for people to adjust their settings to be able to use the forms. The forms should function properly on any computer without adjusting settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue with PDFs with interactive fields in Acrobat Pro.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to every situation, but it seems to work fine if I do NOT have the Separation Preview pallette open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines