Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF form can only be filled out once?!

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

For years, I've been using the form tools within Acrobat Pro to create PDF forms for my users who only have Adobe Reader. All in all this has worked well but recently, I've started getting complaints from them that they can only fill out a form once and can't change the contents of the text fields after the PDF has been saved and closed. To be clear...

1. Open the form for the first time.
  2. Populate form fields with information.
  3. Save and close the PDF.
  4. Re-open the PDF just saved. Although the fields are still populated, the user can no longer change the text within the form fields.
  5. A message appears indicating that, "This document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was last created and use of extended features is no longer available....."

This may seem like a dumb question, but is this...really...expected behavior? If so, here's the kicker. If I open the saved PDF form in a web browser, the text within the fields CAN be changed and saved again.

If this is NOT expected behavior, how do I make a PDF form so that it can filled out and subsequently changed later as many times as needed (purchasing additional licenses of Acrobat Pro for my users is not an option)?

Thank you,
hp

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Don't add the extended features.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't add the extended features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bernd, that did the trick!

Thank you so much!
hp 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/the-document-has-been-changed-since-it-was... and see if that works for you.

Regatrds

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines