Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF form digital signature not fillable online

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have PDF applications with fillable fields posted to our website that anyone can access via our customized URL.

We use "prepare form" to create fillable fields in our PDF forms, and the signature line correctly populates with the digital signature requirement tag in Adobe. However, no matter what I do the signature line is not fillable once the PDF is converted to a URL and uploaded to our website. I would like for people to be able to sign it right on the URL link instead of downloading the PDF to their computer and filling out the electronic signature field. Is this possible?

I have tried both checking and unchecking the "This document requires signatures" under Prepare Form.

DigitalSignature.jpg

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

That depends on the PDF plugin used to display the file in the browser. Most non-Adobe plugins are quite bad, so this is not surprising.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on the PDF plugin used to display the file in the browser. Most non-Adobe plugins are quite bad, so this is not surprising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauren, I am having the exact same issue.  Have spent a lot of time trying to figure it out.  Did you resolve it in the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. It is the Chrome extension that is preventing the signature field from being fillable. When I open the PDF link in Internet Explorer it works fine. The long answer is that recipients have to download the file to fill it out and save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am struggling with this as well, any advice how to get this on my website to download and require a signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download in the usual way.

Start Reader.

Use File > Open.

Warn users not to use iPhone, iPad, Chromebook or Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Microsoft Edge or Chrome or..?. 

This is wholly disappointing. In our society, many documents are in PDF form and must be signed online (cannot be printed and submitted in person), and most individuals cannot afford an Adobe license or are technologically savvy enough to download the free app, and so much sign using a web browser. But how do they do that if the form is sourced from Adobe and it's not compatible with these web browsers?

Additional disappointment - this question has been asked multiple times on this forum and no one from Adobe has an adequate workaround. In another thread, the best answer was "tell people not to use the web browser." That is a serious flaw in your design if you are just in the business of designing ways to create documents but not in the business of people accessing those documents. They would essentially just be for looks alone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, but how is this issue Adobe's responsibility? They can't force other software developers to create a good product, just like Apple can't be responsible for issues in Windows, or Microsoft for issues in Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines