• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Form with template in red font too light to read when faxing

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a PDF form (included copy) that was created from a template that is published in Red Font.  Our previous use of the completed form was a printed copy in black & white that was then manually faxed via fax machine, where the quality of the receiving output was at least readable.  We are now implementing a paperless process where the completed PDF form is then faxed via email using Instant Fax.  If we use the completed form as-is only the darker data entered comes over readable to the recipient.  If we then print the PDF form to PDF grey scale/black & white it is still not dark enough for the recipient to read in its entirety.  Is there a way to convert the PDF form we enter the data into from Red to Black?  If not is there a way to further enhance the darkness of the grey scale/black & white "printed" PDF version before we fax it?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can change the color of elements using a preflight profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the suggestion Karl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things.

First off: why would you still be faxing a document in this day and age?

I looked at the form and it seems the red template actually is an image, and not editable text, so changing the color as suggested is not as easy.

I then looked at the instruction manual referenced at the bottom left corner of the form, and even in that it says to email completed forms (and has an address to do so.). In fact, no mention of faxing.

And here's the big one: In their FAQ they mention the red color is important to their workflow as (printed) forms that are submitted by old-school snail mail are scanned and OCR'd and their system is designed to ignore the red, so you changing that color will only complicate things in your claims.

I would have a chat with your claims people and see what you should be doing from this point on! you might be making it harder to process claims at their end.

Good luck!

-Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and the input Brad!

'Old school' is indeed the proper phrase for the use of this form.  Unfortunatley it goes to many different unrelated insurance companies, which depending on how they process the form (claim) we are still snail mailing the red copy or mandated to fax if otherwise.  If sent by fax, which is the majority, the thought is by default any output is black & white.

I think you have confirmed my suspicions though, that the red template is an image and thus not easily updated.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat, you can edit the image in Photoshop - as long as Photoshop is configured as Acrobat's touchup editor. PS will allow you to edit the color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that suggestion as well.

I was inspired by both replies, so I dug deep.  I actually saved the PDF to Word, then used the Picture Editor to covert the image to Black.  I then saved the Black image Word doc as a PDF, deleted the Red image in the template and pasted the Black image to size over the templated fields.  Maybe not so graceful in tech but it has seemed to do the job!

I'm testing the email to fax quality right now on our own printer/fax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I suggested the tools that I have access to (and experience with). Glad that you figured out a different way to accomplish the same. Let's hope the fax looks good when received. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I was just going to do the change for you!  I will send it privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines