PDF from Word in Office 365 - hyperlinks on first page not working

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting Word documents to PDF using Acrobat > Create PDF in Word 365. We recently started having all sorts of problems. One of the more serious ones is that hyperlinks on page 1 are not showing up as hyperlinks. Hyperlinks on all other pages are working. The non-working hyperlinks were created in exactly the same way in Word. 

Yes, the Word documents are newer versions (not running in compatibility mode).

Already tried (among many other things):

• Updating and repairing Office 365.
  • Checking for Adobe updates (the biggest problems potentially began after we updated).
  • Rebooting countless times. 
  • Adjusting PDF generation settings in every conceivable way.

Advice please?

We actually think the current version of Acrobat Pro is buggy or incompatible with Office 365. We have been doing this for years and have not had these types of problems before.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as of last week, but could have started earlier, I just hadn't created any new PDFs in a few weeks. I have tried all the same things as OP and am running the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question:

I know Acrobat has the tool to create a PDF on the fly from a file on you computer, but why aren't you using the better method of EXPORTING a PDF directly from Word itself?

From Word, switch to the Acrobat ribbon/tab, and select Create PDF.

If you'd like to control the settings as to why type of PDF is created or build in special features such as accessibility or press requirements, then set them in PDF Preferences.

PDFs always come out better with fewer glitches and better controls when you use an Export utility in the native software program (note that sometimes it can also be labeled as Save As Adobe PDF).

Bevi Chagnon | PubCom | Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
| Books & Classes | Accessible InDesign | Accessible PDFs | Accessible MS Office |

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creating using Save As PDF and Create PDF from the ribbon with the same results. I have also verified all settings for creating links are selected, both in the ribbon as well as in Acrobat itseld, and tried saving in different locations, but nothing has resulted in working hyperlinks on the first page of the document.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevi Chagnon - PubCom, as stated in my original post, I did indeed use Adobe > Create PDF.
And the same problem occurs when I use the File > Save as PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: In order to get this working, we created a completely new template (from scratch) based on the original 64-bit "Normal" template installed with Word. Then we created  completely new documents based on that template. It was a major PITA but it has solved this and other problems we were having with our Word documents and the resulting PDFs. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines