Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF have different color from photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone.

We are experiencing problems with the colors in PDFs generated from Photoshop and InDesign (Windows 10). The colors appear different, as shown in the attached image, especially the reds. Curiously, if I open the same PDF on an Apple Mac, I see the colors matching those in Photoshop.

Thank for your help.

difference.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it for Web/display production or print?

Here are some ideas that could help:

1.  You can select a specific pixel in Photoshop and check its CMYK values (or RGB if that's your colour profile), in Acrobat using the Output Preview panel hover the same pixel and compare the CMYK values. If they are the same, it is a display issue, if they are different it is an export issue, expecially if you designed in CMYK and Exported in RGB type of scenario.EricDumas_0-1710782302478.png

2. In Photoshop, you can change your display settings from the Edit menu > Color Settings. There you can select a value for RGB that reflects your screen settings. You can also download from the manufacturer a ICC or ICM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your fast reply

Pdf is for display only , and the colors (rgb in my case) are diffrent from PS and Acrobat.

My color settings are custom-made by colorists from printing settings. I attached it here. Maybe there is a problem here? I'm not a deep expert. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines