• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF layers flatten when file is in SharePoint

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why SharePoint would flatten the layers of a pdf document, or if there are settings I'm missing in the document to ensure the layers are accessible?

I have an image of a screen with many fields upon it.  I designed the layers to identify the purposes of those fields in Illustrator and exported it to a .pdf.  In the .pdf I added hover fields to change the visibility of the layers upon mouse enter and exit. During design and preview the layers appear when the user hovers their mouse over each field.

HOWEVER, when I put the document on SharePoint, ALL of the layers appear when the document is opened. So, as disgruntled as it made me feel, I put the document on a shared drive and tried to get a link to it there onto SharePoint.

1. MUST I share the document to myself to get a link to it?  It's so weird that I am having trouble figuring out how to link to the document on the shared drive!  When I open it I simply don't find a path I can copy.

2. Is there some setting in the .pdf I need to set to ensure it works on SharePoint?

I cannot attach a copy of the document due to proprietary concerns, unfortunately.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so bummed that you haven't gotten a response to this question!  I have two tools I created in pdf format that have a lot of layers so users can hover over fields and learn about what they are and how to properly complete them.  Neither of these will work in Sharepoint, so I've had to revert to saving them in an overcrowed shared drive so users can, well, use them.  

I would dearly love to put these tools into our knowledge repository and post them on users' SP pages, but they are useless there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, by not working, I mean that the user hovers over the fields and nothing appears.  Works perfectly in Acrobat or Reader, but not in Sharepoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same issue. I also want users to hover over a field to make a layer appear. But when uploading the pdf in sharepoint, all layers show. It also doesn't work when the pdf opens in the browser, then the layers aren't visible either. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, not one that involves SharePoint.  Nothing has changed since I sent that question/feedback - I had to leave it in a Windows folder to which all learners have access.  It's a cheap and dirty solution and I am not pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines