Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Locking after E-signature

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having issues unlocking a PDF once receipients e-sign the document. I don't place any security restrictions when preparing the document but once it is signed and certified the document locks. How do I prevent this from happening?? 

If I choose to edit the PDF after it's been signed - I uncheck the "restrict editing" check box but it asked for a password even though I didn't set one... I'm hoping someone can help. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing a PDF file after it's signed will invalidate the signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alejandra,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please confirm how exactly you are sending the document for signature?

Are you using the send for a signature feature? Please share the complete workflow.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, did you get an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I never got a firm answer.

It has taken months to figure this out on my own. Adobe has lackluster support. I've spoken with countless reps. My boss almost dropped Adobe entirely because of this! So here's what I've figured out...

When you receive the Adobe email with the "XYZ document has been signed!" it comes with an attachment of the newly signed document. Do not save THAT specific document on your computer/in a cloud somewhere. You'll need to go INTO Adobe (the app or web version) and find the logged signed file there. That way, it doesn't automatically lock you out of opening the document *unless you have set restrictions on your own*. I hope this helps you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines