• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF not printing to Plotter

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have been having a problem printing PDF documents through the Acrobat Reader DC (64 bit) to my HP Plotter.

I have printed many PDF files on this printer in the past but all of a sudden it wont send the files to the plotter. It previews the file fine, however when selecting the print size it wont change from 8.5 x 11inch, whether I select a different or custom paper size.

I have checked and updated all programs, software and drivers and this has made no change. The files will print to other printers fine, just wont send the file to print with the plotter. When trying to print from browser, the print preview wont even come up (see attached photo).

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described you are unable to print from the HP Plotter and tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no luck.

Please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/adobe-reader-hp-plotter-issue/m-p/12400501 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, thanks for getting back to me.

I have followed the link and tried the fixes with no avail, below is a description of what is happening.

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2021.011.20039 installed, no updates available.
  2. No PDF's print to the plotter, there is no error message it just doesn't send to the printer.
  3. Other applications such as AutoCAD print to the plotter fine
  4. Printer dirvers are up to date.
  5. Print as image, copy, download, save as, or recreate all don't work either.
  6. The same PDF files will print fine to a smaller printer.

I still haven't found a fix for tis yet, if there is anything else you could suggest.

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem . Were you able to resolve it ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Have you tried the steps shared earlier in this discussion?

Please go through the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/adobe-reader-hp-plotter-issue/m-p/12400501 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same problem. Have been for at least a year.  Would love a solution, other than "unplug it and plug it back in". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Heather279170680kg8 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed response.

What happens when you try to print the PDF via plotter? Do you get any error message? If yesplease share the screenshot of the same.

What is the make  and model of the plotter you are using? Please check for any missing/pending updates for plotter driver and firmware and try updating it and check.

Have you tried the suggestions provided in this discussion earlier? Please share your observations

What is the version of the Acrobat DC are you using ? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and ensure you have the recent version 22.3.20310 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines