• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Pages flickering when navigating through pages

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest version of Acrobat DC (2021.007.20091).

When I navigate from page to page in a multi-page PDF, the page flickers between the previous and current pages several times very quickly before stabilising and showing the correct content. Once cached this behaviour stops.

At first I thought it might be a graphics card issue, but having done a hardware test Apple says there is no problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the page flicker when navigating between pages.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to open the PDF file?

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and then try again and check. If its an issue with one specific PDF file, please share the file with us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the page flicker when navigating between pages.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to open the PDF file?

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and then try again and check. If its an issue with one specific PDF file, please share the file with us for testing.

Also, a small video recording of the issue will be super helpful.

What is the version of the OS you are using? Please check for any missing/pending updates for the OS and try updating it and check.

You may also go to Edit (Win) > Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under Rendering, Uncheck 'Use page cache' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The ridiculous "Page cache" was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me the problem is still there after i changed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.06.20360 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I find that Acrobat PDF files flicker like mad when opened. If I close and reopen they are better. Also, I find that my cursor in InDesign flashes quite a bit which is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes, I find that Acrobat PDF files flicker like mad when opened. If I close and reopen they are better.

Is this  an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Also, make sure you have the application uodated to the recent version 24.02.20687from the help menu check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the latest version of Acrobat. This happens randomly with PDF files. Today it is not happening, but yesterday it happened with every file I opened. I had to close it then reopen it it was flashing madly.

Also, my cursor sometimes flickers when using InDesign. Sometimes not. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am glad to hear that its not happening anymore. If it starts again in the future, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines