• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Password

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creading PDF files from my pastel accounting. THey are secured and I have ot put a passowrd on how do I fix this so I can load these files on SARS website. SARS will not convert these PDF files due to the Password protection

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know where do I get this password and how to remove it so the PDF document is no longer password protected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Where to get it: From the people that applied it.

- How to remove it: Once you have it, open the file in Acrobat, and go to File - Security and select No Security, then enter the password. You'll only be able to do it if there isn't a File-Edit password, too, or if both passwords are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created the PDF file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is created through Pastel Accounting directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that the software adds the password protection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, "Unfortunately, you cannot decrypt the PDF files created via Pastel Version 11 and all other Versions that came after Version 11, as this was a requirement from SARS that all PDF files should be encrypted. We do not have a password to use on the encrypted pdf document."  https://www.sagecity.com/za/sage-pastel-accounting-south-africa/f/sage-pastel-partner-advantage-sout...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the help. Its very frustrating that SARS has requested these but you can not upload them on SARS like that so you have to print and rescan to upload to SARS supporting documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines