Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF read and "stains" appearing on the pages

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have created a PDF from an Indesign production. This document is published on a client website.

When opening the PDF online on a Mac, nothing appears different. However, when the same PDF is opened on a PC, "stains" appear (see print screen).

Would you know why this happening?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an issue with transparent objects. You should open the file in Adobe Reader, not in the browser window, as most browser use sub-par PDF plugins with a lot of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the swift reply 🙂

I would never have imagined that, as it is the first time I have had this issue.

Do you think I can export the InDesign document differently into a PDF?

Thanks

B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add, I checked the presence of transparent objects in InDesign, and there are none. The pages are constructed with tables and the cells are filled with text/colors. Following your comment about browser, I will see with the different solutions proposed on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-view-pdf-web.html if one can resolve the issue. Thanks again. B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines