Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf save as function

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi to everybody,

i want to create a pdf file which once the user press "save" on the program open "save as " windows ;

moreore i want to know if it's possibile to enter a file name to save the pdf ,from a part of the pdf file :

for instance in textbox the user inserts the word " taxi",the save as windows should open "taxi.pdf"

do you think it's possibile ?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

It would be great if you clarify a few things to make sure we understand you correctly.

1. For the Save As option, you can either
    1. a Create a PDF, save it in a central location (like a server) and in the file properties you can make the file Read-Only. So the users cannot overwrite the file, but will be forced to make a s Save As (to be tested). That is if you want the users to use the Save command from the File menu.
      1.  b You create a Save button on the form with the correct options set up to launce the File>Save As command
      2. For the automatic naming from a field in the document, that is a bit more advanced scripting. There are a lot of scripting experts in this forum that can help you. Please share more details about the field you have created where the name will be taken from. That can be added to the Save button you can add to your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the detailled information here Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this file in a onedrive folder like a pdf format.I want the user to fill the form and save it each time with a different name given from a location and date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latter is not possible. A script can be used to either:

- Open the Save As dialog, but then you can't specify the file name.

- Save the file directly, using a specific file-path.

But it can't do what you described. What you can do, though, is to display the desired new file name in a response dialog before opening the Save As window, so the user could copy it from the former and then paste into the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have this file in a onedrive folder like a pdf format.I want the user to fill the form and save it each time with a different name but i think it's not possible as you told me.thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines