• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Size

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a fillable PDF. The file size suddenly jumped from 600kb to 14mb. The problem isn't images. I have no idea what to look for. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks - Jack

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

It could be, especially if it's more than one font. You can check it by opening the Content on the left, then right-clicking the top item and selecting Audit Space Usage. A window like this will appear:

try67_0-1650734334043.png

Removing embedded fonts is indeed quite difficult. One way of doing it is creating a new blank file, inserting the pages from the old file into it (after you've changed the fonts, of course!) and then saving it as a new file, deleting the extra empty page, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Bingo. I just used the Combine function to create a new PDF and its now below 1mb.

A million thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely fonts. When you select a font for a form field it has to be fully embedded in the file, unless it's one of the "core" fonts that come with the application, like Helvetica, Courier, Times New Roman, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I expected, but 14mb?

The only non-core font I used was something like "script" for signature. I went back and changed every font to one of the core fonts, no change in file size. Is this a one-way street? Maybe I added a font at some point, and it can't be removed.

What else might cause this? I'm worried that 14mb might be above what some mail systems can handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be, especially if it's more than one font. You can check it by opening the Content on the left, then right-clicking the top item and selecting Audit Space Usage. A window like this will appear:

try67_0-1650734334043.png

Removing embedded fonts is indeed quite difficult. One way of doing it is creating a new blank file, inserting the pages from the old file into it (after you've changed the fonts, of course!) and then saving it as a new file, deleting the extra empty page, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jgostlgostlnet_0-1650737576573.png

Wow! It would appear that you are correct.

I'm not quite clear on what you mean by "insert it" into a new file. Do you mean just use the "Combine" function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo. I just used the Combine function to create a new PDF and its now below 1mb.

A million thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines