• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Table used for layout - Passes Accessibility Checker, but shouldn't?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that was sent to me by a colleage.  The document has a table that was used to layout a form and it is irregular, has no headers, merged cells with no colspan, but the accessibility checker in Acrobat is fine with it?  It throws up no errors about headers or regularity or any of those problems I would expect.  I'm experiencing the same in Pac3.  While Pac3 has errors, none are about the structure of this table.

Does this sound like a glitch, where it is overlooking this poorly tagged table? Does PDF have the concept of an ignored "layout table" that I don't know about?  

I am attaching a screenshot of the tag structure of this table, to facilitate discussion of what I mean.pdf screenshot.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Learned something interesting from the source document.  This table used to have a TH, but it was removed as the author manipulated the tags, added form fields, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines