• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF to HTML Not retaining layout

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a pdf, clicked export to html.  When I open the html file, it did not retain the layout.  I followed the tutorial, but the under the gear settings does not have a "retain page layout"checkbox.  It can be found under word, but I need to use html.  Any recommendations?  Ultimately I want to have the html in the same layout as the pdf form.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ian27083450ix2u,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat and the delayed response.

HTML is a simple webpage language with its limitations compared to a Word document. 

What we'd suggest us check all the boxed for the preferences under advanced settings, which allows your PDF file to be saved along with the bookmarks and navigation settings.

You may reference the steps from the given helpx: Convert or export PDFs to other file formats

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option "retain page layout" doesn't exists for the conversion to HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use Acrobat Pro to convert the PDF file to a DOCX file.

Then you can use Word to export the DOCX file to HTML using the "retain page layout" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines