• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf to word conversion

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted pdf to word using Adobe Acrobat and the conversion is not exact. You are eating up spaces in the word document in some places and that is not acceptable!!!

It has to be an EXACT copy of the image!!!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A exact conversion is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no software can guarantee an exact conversion.
The menu item says "Export to xxx format", but does not mention "conversion".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As, @Bernd Alheit an exact duplicate is not possible for many reasons but also you mention "…an EXACT copy of the image!!!" 

Was this from a scanned document? In that case, the issues are compounded, especially if the scan is not as good as possible (I'll not not into how to improve the quality of scanning here, but if you're curious, I can link to an article I wrote on this.)

However, considering that what you want is essentially not possible and if this is from a scanned document, it's even more of a challenge, your best bet is to take what you have and manually correct it and block out the result into what you want.

I know that that is not what you want to hear, but it is your best (and fastest) option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not logical!!! What does scan quality have to do with your process of eating up spaces between words??? It's a fault in your conversion process!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to access the original Word document for an “exact copy”.

What do you mean with “You are eating up spaces in the word document in some places”? Has the document been created with Word? If the document has been created by a different software, they may have used simply formatting, that is not possible with Word.

What does “image” mean? Is it a scanned document? If Acrobat does not meet your requirements, you may need to acquire a specialized OCR program. That OCR program won't do an exact copy of “the image” neither.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the pdf is converted into word, spaces are eaten up by your conversion process.  So it's not doing a foolproof job and in bulk conversion I don't have time for manual editing. But what's puzzling is why only random spaces between words are eaten up???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes image is a scanned document and naturally I want the converted word document to look exactly like the image. Anybody would want that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Partha Mandayam, I've been working with OCR developments for about 25 years. Sadly, much of the resultant quality is singularly dependent on the quality of the scan. For one thing, a scan WILL provide significantly better results than a photo of the document. Also, if the Photoshop-like adjustments are made when the scan is done, you get better OCR results. The resolution can come into play and the size of the text is always critical.

And despite all that, it's (sadly) very common for text to be merged together when it should not or spaces to show up when they should be together. Nonetheless, the worse the starting document, the worse the OCR results to be.

Simply, OCR is not likely to be perfect, and unless you have a good quality document to start with, do a good job of scanning that document, and do a good job of limiting the amount of bleed-through (e.g., reading the text on the other side of the document), your resultant OCR will still not be perfect. And any OCR software that claims it can be perfect, is lying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines