• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Writer settings rest after every update

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe PDF writer for my work and use it many times a day and, of course, I have it set up the way I like to use it. However, whenever there is an Adobe update (whcih seems to happen every other week), all my settings go back to the default setting. For example I have Adobe PDF Writer as the defualt printer but after an update, it's no longer the default. Another one is that I have it set to not show a preview of the page after it's printed but after an update, this setting is turned back on. Is it standard for all settings to reset after an update or is it just mine? Does anyone know how to keep the settings the same and not have to reset them after an update? This isn't a major issue and changing the settings every fortnight is not a huge task, it's just more annoying than anything, especially as it should be simple for the program to remember the settings prior to an update. Any help or thoughts on the issue would be great. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not what's supposed to happen (and does not happen for me). I don't think Acrobat updates are quite as frequent as you indicate, their normal update period is every three months. For anything "weird" with Acrobat that cannot be resolved by a simple re-install, I usually use the Adobe Cleaner application to remove any trace of Adobe Acrobat and then install from a fresh download. That usally fixes those problems. You can find the Cleaner here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines